Friday 19 March 2010

I want YOU to Fight the Evil Steampunk Numbers

My most recent 48-hour competition game, Abraham Lincoln versus the Steampunk Numbers is now available to download and play! Yippee!!


I just finished adding some finishing touches to this version, just to make it a bit more accessible (in-game hints etc.), and am ready to show it off to the world, even if it is unfinished.

The theme of the competition was Education, and my team decided to make an RPG where the battles were based on Countdown-style arithmetic. Hopefully it's fairly self-explanatory.

I really want to hear your thoughts on it so I know what to improve! I've had some suggestions pointed out to me that I plan to put into action in a later version, so just tell me what you think of the whole thing - any and all comments welcome!

Download the game from here

The game was made in XNA 3.1, so to play the game you will need to download the XNA 3.1 redistributable from here. It's only 7MB and is very easy to download.

If it does not work you may need to download the .NET framework Version 3.5 from here

Thanks very much for having a go and I can't wait to hear what you all think!